You can update that ugly piece of thrift store furniture into your favorite piece in a few minutes? This nightstand makeover was totally easy and fast.
You know those times when you get amazed by your project. You can’t believe you made that!!!
This is one of those projects for me.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Don’t have a Prime membership? What are you waiting for?
Details of the nightstand makeover
- The nightstand started like this. I loved the gray paint, but why did I make rope drawer pulls?!?! 🤷♀️
- I found the nightstand many years ago in a thrift store for $8.
- When I found the piece, I think it was painted yellow.
- For 2 years it sat on our back patio in Scottsdale and held porch things. Things like coasters and napkin holders for the patio table, the test kits for the pool and jacuzzi, and extra arm swimmies for nieces, nephews, and me…I’m not a great swimmer. Lol.
- For the last 15 years, it sat between twin beds in the “kids” guest room. It held nothing.
- Now the nightstand holds craft supplies. But it looks great enough to be center stage in the living room.
The supplies to recreate your nightstand makeover
Or whatever piece of furniture you have to makeover fast
Chalkology Paste Bright White (there are many other colors to choose from too)
Spray Paint to match or contrast your paste color for your drawer pulls
Small SqueegeeLive picture in picture video
What I love about using the transfers as well, is you can use them over and over. I used the pieces of a transfer to make two different projects. The final project is the DIY small canvas prints.
I have another art project idea to use this modern floral transfer. I’ll link it here when done.
I wish they did make adult swimmies, those kid sizes make my fingers go numb!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.