Do you need a great drink while creating DIY projects? One that’s refreshing and energizing, like pear tea? Plus I have a farmhouse serving tip to share.
I needed something that energizes but not as much as those energy drinks and nothing alcoholic. That puts me to sleep. I love pears and made up this pear tea drink that I’m obsessed with lately.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Don’t have a Prime membership? What are you waiting for?
4 Cups of bottled or filtered water
2 Tablespoons sugar
A cinnamon stick
One fresh pear
4 Black or green tea bags
- Add the water, sugar and cinnamon stick to a pot on the stove. Bring the water to a boil. I stir occasionally. When water boils turn to simmer. Add chunks of fresh pear.
- I like to cut a slice from the middle of the pear to decorate the glass.
- Let simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags and cover. Let everything steep for five minutes.
- Fill a farmhouse pitcher with ice and pour the pear tea over the ice cool.
- At the end of the day, if there’s any pear tea left, I remove the pear pieces.
Serve Farmhouse Style
I like to serve drinks and mason jars. And when I give extra servings of drinks, I used two mason jars! One larger to hold the additional beverage and one wide mouth to keep the drink
The smaller jar fills over the large jar like a top.
And keeps the sawdust or paint that flying across the room out of your pear tea!
You could set your mason jar glasses on these easy wood coasters.
This lime idea works with cinnamon sticks too.
Yes, paint does go flying in my craft room…UGH! That’s the time you might need stronger drinks like these.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.