Do you like unique lighting? I keep waiting for oil lamps to make a comeback. My son and I would light an old oil lamp in our little duplex. You know, the duplex next to the train tracks with windows that rattled when a train went by. The oil lamp was an update to using a candle. Now that we live in a forest, we use battery candles. So, I gave a modern twist to a bunch of battery tea candles.
There are times when you don’t need to overthink upcycling items. Look at the thing and think, “what else can I use this for?” It was the reflection on the metal that gave me the idea for this lighting.
This post contains affiliate links. I’m an affiliate for Amazon and other shops and may earn if a purchase is made. Click here to read my complete disclosure policy.
I found the muffin tins at our Humane Society Thrift Store.
Enough battery tea lights for each muffin cup
Ideas to add to your muffin tin unique lighting
- Place a muffin liner under each candle.
- Place within your centerpiece on the dining room table.
- Set on your nightstand for an evening glow.
- Hang the muffin tin in a macrame holder, then add battery candles
- Add water and flower heads to every other muffin cup.
- Fill each tin with decorative sand, then place a candle into the sand for a beach vibe.
- Use double-stick tape to hold the candles in the tins. Then hang the muffin pan on the wall for vertical lighting.
When you in a cabin in the middle of the woods, battery candles are the Bomb Diggity!
I made these fancy battery candles several years ago and we still use them.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.