Unique Lighting idea using muffin tins
Do you like unique lighting? I keep waiting for oil lamps to make a comeback. My son and I would light an old oil lamp in our little duplex. You know, the duplex next to the train tracks with windows that rattled when a train went by. The oil lamp was an update to using a candle. Now that we live in a forest, we use battery candles. So, I gave a modern twist to a bunch of battery tea candles.
There are times when you don’t need to overthink upcycling items. Look at the thing and think, “what else can I use this for?” It was the reflection on the metal that gave me the idea for this lighting.
I found the muffin tins at our Humane Society Thrift Store.
Enough battery tea lights for each muffin cup
Ideas to add to your muffin tin unique lighting
- Place a muffin liner under each candle.
- Place within your centerpiece on the dining room table.
- Set on your nightstand for an evening glow.
- Hang the muffin tin in a macrame holder, then add battery candles
- Add water and flower heads to every other muffin cup.
- Fill each tin with decorative sand, then place a candle into the sand for a beach vibe.
- Use double-stick tape to hold the candles in the tins. Then hang the muffin pan on the wall for vertical lighting.
When you in a cabin in the middle of the woods, battery candles are the Bomb Diggity!
I made these fancy battery candles several years ago and we still use them.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.
Wow, what a unique & clever idea that’s inexpensive too! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, Sue! I like easy and inexpensive!