Wonder which interior decorating ideas are okay to break? After reading years of interior decorating ideas and books, I’ve figured it out.
For those that have been following me over the years, you know the answer. My e-book, 13 Decorating Principles has been available to readers for over 3 years.
The e-book needed an update.
Here’s what I changed:
- While the “principles” are the same, I did change the name to “ideas.” Who wants to read a book titled principles? I don’t!
- The photos are the biggest change. Clearer and brighter.
- The writing is better.
- I’ve included a tutorial for a mini-rearrangement.
- Plus I’ve added a funky printable of our favorite places to shop.
The updated ebook is in the reader’s printable library.
If you’re new you can grab your instant download below.
Here are a few reviews of the book.
- Excellent! Simple and easy to read and it all made sense. Well done. Sandra C.
- Not your basic decorating list of do’s and don’ts. I expected to see a bunch of tips I’d heard a million times, but these principles are original and just plain good advice. I recently put together a giant 7ft x 12ft collage wall just using items I loved and had collected over time, and what do you know, they all coordinated beautifully. So I especially agree with tip #1. I live by tip #3 as well, since I don’t like things to look cluttered. Great reminders for adding your own style to your home and making it look good. Jenifer M.
- I love it, it is pretty simple and understandable, it’s a back to basics when our brains are so full of Pinterest ideas that we can’t see clear enough what we really need to achieve ” our very own style”. Andrea G.
- Dear Jeanette, last week I discovered your website on the internet. I am a color and interior consultant and I feel we share the same ideas. I love restyling furniture, inspiring people to discover their creativity and create a warm home of their own. So THANK YOU for the 13 Decorating principles. It is really a nice and clear review. I am gonna share this with my students. So your message will be spread in Belgium 🙂 I wish you lots of success and pleasure in all your projects! Marleen P.
- I loved the simple text and easy ways to spruce up and add texture, light, and my own personality to a room. One should learn from a very early age to say, “Thanks for sharing”. Ginny F.
I work hard to make myself available to readers the help them decorate their homes. If I lived closer, I’d help paint! :)</p
Which interior decorating ideas or rules do you like to break?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.