Holiday Gift Guide for your Table
A Holiday Gift Guide for your Table and it doesn’t contain mints! Read on…
We live in a small community.
ALL my holiday shopping I do online.
Mike and I fill each other’s stockings with unique tiny gifts and small necessaries.
I buy mints at our local convenience store. Everything else is delivered to our door.
I might order mints online too!
Today I’m sharing gifts picked for the holiday table from Pier One.
A fun whimsy collection of vintage-inspired tablewares for a creative holiday tablescape.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Pier One, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small portion of any sales at no additional cost to you. I only share products I like, used and have ordered, OR products I want.
– If you follow me you know I have a big heart for puppies. This dish adds a big smile to my face. To save money but still set different tables, I like to use large white plates and then buy inexpensive salad plates in patterns and colors. Dogs on the table…works for me. 🙂
– Candlelight is a must for our tables and buffets. But since we live in a forest area and worry about wildfires, we do battery candles always! You can see how I “dress” up our battery candles here.
– Our holiday table starts with something to snack on…cause we could get hungry! This little nut dish is so charming. I can see this filled with little almond or snowball cookies too!
– When setting a table I like to think about color, pattern, and texture. These charger plates add perfect texture to the holiday table. Did you know charger plates were first removed right after guests sit? Now it’s fine to leave them until dessert.
What’s your favorite gift so far for yourself?
– A canister on the table? Have I lost my head? Yes, but that’s another story. There are many times I use a tall thin canister on the table. I’ve served breadsticks in a canister. Used it to hold napkins on the buffet table. And to hold flowers at one end of the table…where guests are not peeking over the flowers. I have several “table” canisters! 🙂
– The magic of twinkling lights on a holiday table still excited the kid in me. These are perfect to wrap through the centerpiece. Great to round around plates…but have you tried adding lights UNDER the table runner? I like to surprise guests by switching on the lights just as they sit down.
– You know those white plates I like to start with? These are perfect. Basic crisp white. The white plates with the rattan chargers are a serious start to any style of tablescape!
– Take a moment and look at the components of the table so far. Neutral colors with pops of vintage reds, brown and gold. The table runner ties the elements together. Plus those snowmen are darn cute!
– Stemless glasses with chalkboard already done! Yep, and at a great price. This time of year the DIY projects can hit the back burner. So many presents to wrap, cookies to bake, and cards to send out. Glasses that come ready to add a name…yes!
– The centerpiece is the topping on the cake…or table. This sleigh is ready to go. Add a couple of battery candles…done! Plus as I DIYer, that sleigh would end up as Christmas decor when the greens get tired over the years.
I love giving our home a gift for the holidays. Please let me know what you think of my picks in comments below.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.