I create a lot of barn wood from new wood. But after hundreds of projects I wanted to try creating more old wood looks using steel wool and vinegar.
I spent months developing new ideas to create barn wood.
Then I took those ideas farther…
The most popular question I get about the aging wood technique is,
“How do I get gray wood?”
I discovered 4 different techniques to get gray barn wood.
Below are some of the things I developed to create more looks.
- Using waxes both dark and white
- Blurred grain or worn paint
- Different type of paints with aging solutions
- 4 gray look techniques
- Protect your homemade barn wood
- How to raise the grain of the wood
- Sanding layers
- Image transfers
- Dry brushing
- White chipped paint
- Aging Thrift store wood
- Aging ready-made furniture
The one quality that makes a UNIQUE DIYer is not being afraid to try, test and wonder what if??