Do you return home from shopping only to go back and get what you went to the store for? Me too! I wanted to create an embroidery hoop wreath…
and forgot to buy the hoop.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The only hoop the thrift store had was rather large!!
Make that 26 inches large. A large oval embroidery hoop.
Those other things in the photo above are what I brought home the first time! We will see them in future projects.
Do you have a thrift store shopping list? I do and an embroidery hoop was on the list.
The supplies for the wreath
- Any size embroidery hoop
- Enough faux greens for along the edge
The steps are basic. Lay the faux greens along one edge. Then cut pieces of twine to tie the greens in place. Done!
Ideas to make embroidery hoop wreaths for gifts
- Tie on seasonal greens and elements like faux pine branches and jingle bells.
- Tie or glue on small photo frames.
- Add school supplies for teacher gifts.
- Dot the wood hoop with essential oils. Then tie the bottle of oils into the hoop.
- Wrap a floral water pick in twine and add fresh greens or flowers.
If you want to create several embroidery hoop wreaths you can find several sizes on Amazon.
Quick update: I found two more hoops on my next thrift store run! Heh, heh!
I bribed Mike with an ice cream cone to go back out with me.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our DIY HelpLetter each Thursday. Plus grab your Interior Decorating Ideas e-book.