Do you enjoy painting?
I love it. I love paint. I thought mixing paint would be a fun job. You know back when they didn’t usual computers and mixed by those measuring thingamajigs.
Of course most people wouldn’t want the color I would mix up!!
“Just try an extra drop of blue!”
It’s exciting opening a new can of paint and see all the lushness.
I could drink it! And almost do!
My chair painting tips are unique. I’ve painting a bunch of chairs in my life time and hopefully have many more to paint.
1. Get the chair up on a table. This isn’t because of my age! Really, it’s not! Putting a chair up at eye level to paint is something I did in my twenty too!
2. Paint smaller pieces to larger pieces. I start painting the smaller rungs. Then paint the front legs. Then the back rungs. Then the back long legs. Ending with the seat and if the back has a large piece, I paint it last.
3. Paint with your favorite music. Painting a chair causes you to contort into some unique positions. Like the way I dance! Why not add music??
4. Use the right size brush. Anytime I start to paint something Mike says, “You need a bigger brush!” That why I don’t let him paint. 🙂
5. Grab your favorite drink. You’re going to be painting for a while. Chairs just take time.
Bonus tip: Don’t dip your paint brush into your drink! I don’t know how many times I’ve done it….
but it’s a bunch!!!! :/
One other quirk I have when painting is I like to have pockets. Because when I paint, usually with my left hand, I put my right hand in my pocket.
Got any paint quirks??